What is volume restoration?
Our bodies change as we age, and one of those changes involves our bodies producing less of the natural compounds collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid. These endogenous natural substances help create a youthful, radiant complexion and firm, plumped skin. The loss of these elements causes our skin to sag and our cheeks and contours to become hollow from the volume loss. Dermal fillers containing hyaluronic acid can help restore volume to any neck or face area. Cosmetic injections are also designed to stimulate natural collagen production to gradually and permanently restore a vibrant and healthy complexion
Benefits of volume restoration
Volume restoration treatments can considerably rejuvenate your skin for a youthful appearance and have additional advantages, including:
- Skin is smoothed and tightened to provide an enhanced look.
- Lessens the visibility of wrinkles and fine lines around the mouth, neck, forehead, and eyes.
- Restores volume to recessed facial areas prone to sagging and drooping, including the cheeks, to bring back that youthful, plump complexion.
- Encourages the creation of new collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid, which has a wealth of benefits in providing smoother, moisturised, glowing skin.
- Slims and plumps your facial contours for a more aesthetically pleasing, natural appearance.
Volume restoration consultation at Shellharbour Skin
Before beginning your volume restoration treatment, you must schedule an initial consultation with our highly trained staff of physicians at our Shellharbour clinic. During your session, you will discuss your lifestyle and health, including your medical background, allergies, and any prescription drugs or dietary supplements you may be taking. In addition to any other recent cosmetic procedures you may have had, it is crucial to disclose any past allergic reactions you may have had to medications or skincare. Any of these variables could affect how your body responds to the dermal fillers and how you heal. The appointment is also the perfect opportunity to discuss any worries you may have regarding the course of treatment.
Your clinician will examine the treatment areas, enquire about your present problems, and the reasons behind your desire for cosmetic injections. You should talk about your aesthetic aspirations and what you hope to accomplish with the procedure. Every piece of information you share during your consultation is vital to developing a personalised treatment plan that considers your health, worries, and desired results to get optimal results.
What to expect
Before beginning your cosmetic injectables volume restoration, the treatment area is cleaned. The specified areas will receive precisely the right amount of filler injections from your doctor. Results are typically visible right away following your session, depending on the extent of the filler used and the treatment region.
A full recovery can take a week or two. Patients may feel bruising and swelling, which typically go away in a couple of days. Patients sometimes notice raised bumps and lumps on the skin. Still, they generally are nothing to worry about until they are accompanied by additional symptoms such as redness, soreness, or pain, which could point to an injection or potentially severe allergic reaction. Patients should call our clinic as soon as they notice these symptoms.
Cost of volume restoration in Illawarra
Every patient’s cost for volume restoration treatments is different and depends on how much filler is used and which areas need to be treated to get the desired results. To find out the price for your specific dermal filler procedure, we always advise patients to have an initial appointment at your clinic. Our clinicians can assess your problem areas and develop a personalised treatment plan based on your objectives, general health, and issues.
Results & aftercare for volume restoration
Depending on the treatment regions and the type of filler used, most patients find that the results of their dermal fillers and volume restoration can last anywhere between six months and two years. While other cosmetic injectables can last up to two years, hyaluronic acid fillers are the most common, lasting up to 18 months. There is no set time for how long cosmetic injectables should last because it depends on the density of the filler, the depth of the injection, and the rate at which a patient’s body metabolises the injectables.
Your clinician will provide you with an aftercare plan that may include the following to promote appropriate healing and the best-looking results:
- Avoid wearing makeup for the first few days after treatment.
- Refrain from exercise for the first 24 hours.
- Wait at least five days before using any active skincare products following treatment.
- Avoid skin treatments, including microdermabrasion, skin needling, and facial massages that could strain or stress the skin.
- Stay away from hot yoga, saunas, spas, ice baths, and other extreme temperatures until completely healed.
- Keep your head high and avoid inverted poses for the first four hours following treatment.
Risks & complications
There are always associated risks and consequences with any treatment, whether cosmetic or medical, and you should be informed before choosing a treatment. The following dangers and problems are connected to dermal fillers:
- Weakened muscles
- Skin sores
- Vascular blockage
- Discolouration of the skin